Members of ECOSTARS Edinburgh benefit from::
- Fuel savings - by implementing key measures of the ECOSTARS scheme a typical HGV operator, for instance, could expect to reduce fuel consumption by a minimum of 5% in the first year .
- Reduction in carbon emissions - a typical HGV, for instance could see its annual output of carbon dioxide fall by six tonnes a year. *
- Free tailor-made support to ensure their fleet is running as efficiently and economically as possible.
- Recognition for exhibiting best practice in vehicle and fleet management.
- Features, marketing and promotional activities including a profile on the local scheme website, local schemes newsletters, press releases and conferences.
- A raised profile as environmentally responsible service providers
* Figures from the Department for Transport: Freight Best Practice Programme.
Published on 21 Dec 2011
Updated 21 Dec 2011